Everyone has been waiting what the big news was going to be coming out of the D23 Expo this weekend. Let’s just say that Disney did not disappoint. Here’s what we’re excited about:
Bob Iger, CEO of the Walt Disney Company, just announced the addition of a Star Wars themed land to Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort. This actually comes as no surprise since this was teased by Iger sometime last year. Many Disney fan sites speculated, after the closure of many attractions in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, what would become of what was referred to as a “half-day park”. Well, now this answers many questions. Park attendees will see an expansion of about 14 acres which will be the largest single themed expansion ever. One attraction that is planned is one that will allow you to go on a secret mission on the Millennium Falcon! How cool will that be? So far, there has been no indication on when this will be completed. However, we think they’ll look to complete things before the release of Episode VIII? Might be a great way to promote the film!
Comicbook.com has been following this for sometime but we got this information from Epicstream. They report more details from the upcoming sequel to Age of Ultron. Mind you, those that don’t follow the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), you should understand that this is not an Avengers movie. Think of it as Avengers 2.5. Any who, this is what Comicbook.com had this to share of what was revealed at D23:
- A scene showed Captain and America and The Falcon fighting crossbones, with Black Widow aiding in the background.
- Another scene revealed the Falcon’s pet falcon, Redwing.
- Another shot revealed Black Widow and Hawkeye fighting. Black Widow asks, “Are we still friends?” To which Hawkeye responds, “Depends on how hard you hit me.” This confirms that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be on opposing sides of Civil War’s conflict.
- A scene showed Bucky Barnes trapped in a cage.
- Another shot showed Black Panther in action for the first time, popping his claws out.
- A scene shows Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man being brought into Captain America’s faction. Star-struck, Ant-Man stammers, “I know you know a lot of super… people, so I wanted to say thinks for thanking of me. Thanks for thinking of me.”
- Tony Stark and Steve Rogers debate their opposing ideologies, with Stark saying, “Without boundaries, we’re no better than them.”
This film is apparently after the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron. There’s a lot of hype running around this film and we can’t wait to see what else is revealed!
And why not? We’ve always wondered what become of Will Turner after the events of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End. Does this mean that we could potentially be seeing Elizabeth Swan, aka Keira Knightly? It would be nice to see the old gang back together again after so many years. Only time will tell.
Now hold on just a sec. Is that Finn holding a lightsaber? Looks like Disney is really making everyone excitement level rise. It seems that the hype surrounding this film is just a great as the film is expected to be. Just when we think we have everything figured out. Boom! Try again. We do know this, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is the most anticipated movie of 2015!
What else are you excited about coming out of the D23 Expo? Let us know what you think!